Do you remember the last time you went to a Panera or similar sandwich shop? How much did you pay for your meal? Probably around $6 – $10 is my guess, depending on what sandwich you ordered.
Now, let me ask you this: What if you could create equally delicious GOURMET sandwiches / paninis from the comfort of your own home for less than the cost of your next 5 visits to Panera?
I’d like to introduce you to the most competitively priced panini press on the market today – The West Bend 6113.
Here are some of the features that make it an absolutely irresistible deal:
- Priced at $29.99, you will not find a panini press of this quality for less than that anywhere you look, this grill is EXTREMELY affordable
- Versatile countertop design lets you open the press a full 180 degrees, in effect transforming your sandwich press into a full sized griddle
- Ribbed grill plates are perfect for getting those tasty looking ‘Grill lines’ on whatever you’re cooking, but especially paninis
- Grill plates are detachable and dishwasher safe, means that cleaning this grill literally could not be any easier
- Sloped grill plates allow grease to drain away from food and into a drip tray
- Indicator lights take all the guess work out of when your sandwich is ready to eat
- The classic floating hinge means that you can stuff 2 to 4 inches of jam-packed sandwich into this grill and still get an evenly well cooked and toasty meal
- Compact design fits into any kitchen, and it’s easy to store, too
- Some report that this panini press begins to lose some of its heating power after the 6 month mark
Affordability is not usually a characteristic common among most panini grills, as on average you’re going to have to pay over $50 for a decent sandwich cooker. However, the West Bend 6113 countertop grill is one of those exceptions where you really and truly get MORE than what you pay for.
Priced at ~$30, this nifty little kitchen appliance is more than capable of handling any sandwich you throw at it…It has the floating hinge and ribbed grill plates to make it easier to grip and evenly cook any type of sandwich you wish to make.
Not only is this panini press more affordable than most competing grills, it actually has several features that many more expensive grills don’t have.
Perhaps the coolest of these features is its ability to open up a complete 180 degrees, allowing you to turn your panini press into a large open face grill/griddle anytime you want.
Of course, I’d also argue that having both detachable AND dishwasher safe grill plates is another really handy feature, and one that, surprisingly, you don’t see very often, even in more expensive panini presses.
Without a doubt the West Bend 6113 panini grill is going to be a perfect fit for anyone looking to make truly gourmet sandwiches without dropping over $50 on a sandwich press. Whether you’re a student, or simply on a budget, I urge you to take a look and see if you think this grill would be a good fit for you!